- Let the client back away from the rack and settle into the starting stance or set up.
- Stand behind your client and follow him or her down (in a similar motion as the squat itself).
- Have your hands up and under the armpits and on or near the torso (not touching unless necessary).
- Your role here is to help the lifter maintain a raised chest
- The tendency when fatigue sets in is to collapse the core or trunk forward over the quads. By your guiding the chest up, your client can maintain form even while fatigued.
- Help your client re-rack the weight by guiding the bar back with him or her into the proper rack position and securing it into place.