- Identify the bones, key markings of the posterior pelvis, hip and knee.
- Differentiate between pelvic sections (i.e. ilium, pubis and ischium).
- Recall the origin, insertion and action of a number of key posterior hip and knee muscles.
- Analyze a number of hamstring dominant exercises by identifying the muscles involved; agonist, antagonist and synergist(s) and how they contribute to the movement.
In this week’s lab, you will be required to:
- Label the origin, insertion and action of the hamstrings
- Label and differentiate the posterior knee and pelvis
- Label the origin, insertion and action of the Gluteals and TFL
- Describe common hip hinging related exercises using anatomical terminology
- Identify important anatomical structures related to the posteiror hip and knee