Incident: an unplanned event that results in, or could result in, an injury or fatality, or damage/destruction of equipment, property or the environment.
- Near-Miss: an incident that does not result in an injury
- First Aid: treatment such as ice packs, bandages or eyewash flushing, etc.
- Medical Aid: treatment or examination by a physician, dentist, chiropractor, physiotherapist, emergency room attendant or similar health care practitioner
- Lost Time: unable to attend the next regularly scheduled shift of work
- Critical Injury: an injury that results in a broken bone, significant loss of blood, loss of sight, an amputation, burns to a major part of the body, unconsciousness (not due to personal health), or places life in jeopardy
- Environmental: the discharge of a contaminant to the natural environment (air, noise, sewage, waste)
This form can be completed electronically and must be sent to your Manager/Chair or College Contact ASAP, so that it can be reviewed and sent to Environment, Health and Safety Services (email@example.com) within 24 hours of the incident.
- All slips and falls should be reported immediately to the Security Control Centre at 519-452-4400.
- If your injury is identified as a critical injury you must immediately report the injury to your Manager/Chair.
- Report environmental incidents immediately to the Security Control Centre at 519-452-4400.
Instructions for Person Involved in the Incident:
- Check the appropriate box under the Incident Classification sections
- Continue with relevant sections, as outlined below:
- Employees complete Sections A, B, C, F, G, I
- Students complete Sections A, B, D, F, G, I
- Visitors and Contractors complete Sections A, B, E, F, G, I
- If an incident later escalates into a medical aid or lost time, you must notify your Manager/Chair or College contact of this change.
- Incidents should not be reported to Team Leaders/Program Coordinators as they are not supervisors